Sunday, March 10, 2013

Painting as Antidote to Waiting for Literary Agent Responses

I finally heard  back from that agent who had a full submission of mine for six months. I nudged her twice before getting her reply. She didn't say the work wasn't for her, but said,  "I am not the best agent for this..." A new way of putting things.

So - except for those who will never respond, by my reckoning about a third of all queries sent - I have now closed off the dossier which represents last year's queries. This is tremendously freeing, and I can now concentrate on what's gone out this year. In all things, I don't believe in looking back. That's done and gone, and some of it not related to writing would make interesting reading in itself, but the here and now is what it's all about.

I'm still rather feverishly painting and that's very soothing, and I find I'm not dwelling on the books at all, but thinking up plots (for that's what they are) for my next picture.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh Fran, I LOVE this painting! It looks like it would be perfect for a fun women's fiction novel (or hanging in my living room!).

Fran said...

Hey, Melissa, you were meant to come up with a story to go with it. But thanks for the nice feedback. Perhaps designing book covers was meant to be my calling, not the actual writing!